Saturday, February 16, 2013

Good Saturday Morning All!
I got locked out of my blog (actually I forgot my password and how to get back in here!) But I'm back.

I found this great reading recipe for "Blarney Stone Cookies" and I'd like to share it with you, I haven't tried it as yet, but I will be making them later on. 

Blarney Stones

1 cup butter, softened (not shortening)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 package pistachio pudding mix (4-serving)
2 eggs
6 drops green food coloring
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups butterscotch  chips
1 cup pecans, finely chopped
blarney stones for st. patricks dayCream butter, sugars, vanilla and pudding mix.  Add eggs and food coloring.  Mix in flour and baking soda.  Add butterscotch chips and chopped pecans.  Chill for several hours.  Roll into walnut-sized balls and place 2″ apart on ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees.
Notes:  If you are at high-altitude, like we are, you will need to add an extra 1/2 cup flour to the dough.  Also, I am the least patient person on the planet and when I want cookies, I want them now, so I have never refrigerated my dough and they have turned out fine.  If you do refrigerate the dough, they just don’t spread quite as much when you bake them.
blarney stone cookies


Now this recipe came from: http://modernmollymormon.com/blarney-stones so please feel free to visit her website and let her know how you like the cookies. 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment